PCE-DRC 1 Handheld Digital Refractometer
Waterproof IP65-rated refractometer with easy-to-read LCD for use with coolants, antifreeze, battery acid and cleaning products
PCE-DRC 1 is a handheld digital refractometer used to determine the specific gravity (sg) of electrolyte solution batteries as well as the freezing point of propylene or ethylene glycol-based coolants. Maintaining the proper antifreeze concentration in an engine can prevent costly repairs. Thus, this tool is used worldwide by trucking and automotive technicians to ensure proper dilution. The refractometer works well for measuring cleaning products too. This waterproof IP65-rated digital refractometer features automatic temperature compensation (ATC) from +10 ... +40 °C / +50 ... +104 °F, as well as a large, easy-to-read LCD that shows both the measured value and the temperature.
- Measurement parameters: Coolant or antifreeze (ethylene glycol), propylene glycol, battery acid, cleaning supplies, temperature
- Automatic temperature compensation (ATC) from +10 ... +40 °C / +50 ... +104 °F
- Handheld and portable
- User-friendly 3-button operation
- Fast and precise measuring results in approx. 1 sec.
- ABS plastic housing with IP65 ingress protection rating against water and dust
- Large, easy-to-read digital LCD shows both the measured value and the temperature
- Average function measures same sample 15 times and displays the mean value
- Stainless-steel ring on sample well protects glass prism from damage
- Internal light source for improved accuracy
- Small liquid sample size of just 4 to 5 drops
- Easy calibration with distilled water
- Battery-saving automatic power off after 1 min. of inactivity