PCE-5000 is a portable hardness tester that uses the ASTM A1038 ultrasonic contact impedance (UCI) method to measure the hardness of metals and alloys with a minimum thickness of 2 mm / .08 in. Non-destructive testing produces microscopic indentation.
- Measurement according to ASTM A1038 ultrasonic contact impedance (UCI) method
- Measurement units: Rockwell A (HRA), Rockwell B (HRB), Rockwell C (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV) and MPa (N/mm²) SI units
- Measurement ranges: 61-85.6 HRA, 41-100 HRB, 20.3-68 HRC, 85-650 HB, 50-999 HV, 255-2180 MPa (N/mm²)
- Accuracy: ± 1.5 HR, ± 3% HB, ± 3% HV, Repeatability: ± 0.3%
- Memory size: 1,000 groups for measurement data and 20 groups for calibration data
- Different probe types (also automatic motorized probes) available