Waterproof IP65-rated antifreeze refractometer with easy-to-read LCD for use with propylene glycol- and ethylene glycol-based solutions
PCE-DRA 1 is a handheld digital antifreeze refractometer used to determine the percentage or content and freezing point of propylene glycol- and ethylene glycol-based solutions. This waterproof IP65-rated digital refractometer features automatic temperature compensation (ATC) from +10 ... +40 °C / +50 ... +104 °F, as well as a large, easy-to-read LCD that shows both the measured value and the temperature.
** Will not work with Organic Acid Technology (OAT) or Orange antifreeze **
**Close lid before measuring**
The variety of refractometers is overwhelming and the choice of the particular type of the device is determined by the life and production sphere. For example, a significant facilitation for the drivers and those who are involved into the automotive and transport industry and particularly maintenance of the vehicles is glycol refractometer. Handheld glycol refractometer may be applied by the common users, whenever the quality of the motor oils, anti-freeze, cleansing liquids should be tested. The correct and long-term flawless operation of the engines depends a lot on the agents used regularly. Glycol refractometer in no time allows making correct assessment of the solution and correspondingly, helps to prevent serious problems which arise when, for example, coolants and anti-freezing solutions applied do not meet the requirements.
- Measurement parameters: Ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, temperature
- Automatic temperature compensation (ATC) from +10 ... +40 °C / +50 ... +104 °F
- Handheld and portable
- User-friendly 3-button operation
- Fast and precise measuring results in approx. 1 sec.
- ABS plastic housing with IP65 ingress protection rating against water and dust
- Large, easy-to-read digital LCD shows both the measured value and the temperature
- Average function measures same sample 15 times and displays the mean value
- Stainless-steel ring on sample well protects glass prism from damage
- Internal light source for improved accuracy
- Small liquid sample size of just 4 to 5 drops
- Easy calibration with distilled water
- Battery-saving automatic power off after 1 min. of inactivity