Simple design and easy operation for daily adhesion tension testing / Glue with fast curing base allows the user to perform tests in a shorter time frame
Preparation for use
The simple design and an absolutely straightforward operation make it possible for the practitioner to use the force gauge as an instrument for daily adhesion tests. Using adhesive with rapid curing, the tests can be performed by the user in the shortest possible time.
The pull-off type force gauge is designed for measure the adhesion value of paints and other coatings on the base and between layers or cohesive materials. The tensile adhesion tester PCE-TAT 10 is manufactured according to EN13144 and ISO 4624.
The testing with the mechanical tensile force gauge is performed in the following way. On the testing cover a dolly is glued and, after the glue is dried, it is pulled-off with the spring-system of the device. The force which is applied for pulling-off the glued dolly is displayed as a numerical value on the scale of the device. This value is the value of adhesion.
- Clean the surface of the measuring probe and the surface where you want to place the probe,
example, by using fine sand paper.
- Prepare the epoxy adhesive as instructed on the packaging and mix it thoroughly.
- If you use single-component super glue, open the tube.
- Apply the glue to the surface and place the measuring probe on the surface covered with glue, as
described in more detail on the packaging.
- Use the cutter to slightly scratch the area around the measuring probe.
- Turn the top knob of the adhesion tester counter-clockwise to release the gripping mechanism and
- Now screw the adhesion tester (thread at the bottom) onto the measuring probe until the device
the surface to be tested.
- Turn the top knob clockwise until the measuring head is released from the test surface. You can read
the tearing force from scale 1 or 2, depending on the measuring probe used.
- If the measuring probe has not been separated from the surface, turn the knob counter-clockwise to
release the spring mechanism and remove the device from the measuring probe.
- Separate the measuring head from the surface, using a chisel and hammer.
- If the measuring probe has been separated from the surface, unscrew it from the device, using the
- Clean from the surface of the measuring probe any glue and paint residues or splinters.