Waterproof IP65-rated Brix / alcohol content (% vol ap) / °Oechsle (°Oe) / KMN (babo) refractometer with easy-to-read LCD
PCE-DRW 2 is a handheld digital refractometer used to determine the sugar content / alcohol content (% vol ap) / °Oechsle (°Oe) / KMN (babo) of wine and similar liquids in the 0 ... 45 % Brix / 0 ... 22% vol ap / 3 ... 150 °Oe / 0 ... 25 KMW measuring range. This waterproof IP65-rated digital refractometer features automatic temperature compensation (ATC) from +10 ... +40 °C / +50 ... +104 °F, as well as a large, easy-to-read LCD that shows both the measured value and the temperature.
For some people wine making and tasting is a special art and life occupation. Nevertheless, even without possessing some special knowledge about wine, a lot of people around the world value a glass of good wine. What makes it good? The answer is simple and it sounds like – quality! Correctly selected grapes, correct manufacturing process, amount of sugar and alcohol in it – these are all the crucial factors that make wine of the most favorite beverages. Real professionalism in making wine means not only good and deep knowledge and experience, but also application of the correct and accurate equipment, and a wine refractometer is exactly such an instrument. The sugar level is essential, since this is one of the main criteria by which the wine kinds are differentiated. Though the wine refractometer is not used for determining the alcohol level in the final product directly, its measurements can be taken for calculation of the alcohol level. The level of sugar in the wine must and in the wine which goes to the bottle are different. During the fermentation, a certain amount of sugar is “consumed” by the wine material and alcohol is produced. Sugar testing by the wine refractometer is simple, and this instrument may be applied even to determine the level of ripeness of the grapes in the vineyard. Being portable, the wine refractometer can be used not only at the winery, but also in the field and vinery.
- Measurement parameters: Brix, % vol ap, °Oechsle, KMW, temperature
- Automatic temperature compensation (ATC) from +10 ... +40 °C / +50 ... +104 °F
- Handheld and portable
- User-friendly 3-button operation
- Fast and precise measuring results in approx. 1 sec.
- ABS plastic housing with IP65 ingress protection rating against water and dust
- Large, easy-to-read digital LCD shows both the measured value and the temperature
- Average function measures same sample 15 times and displays the mean value
- Stainless-steel ring on sample well protects glass prism from damage
- Internal light source for improved accuracy
- Small liquid sample size of just 4 to 5 drops
- Easy calibration with distilled water
- Battery-saving automatic power off after 1 min. of inactivity